ABOUT OUR MINISTRY
- Christian Counseling Ministries of Western New York, Inc. (CCM) emerged from a growing need in our area to receive faith-based counseling services from professionally trained counselors. We believe firmly in the integration of scriptural principles with daily living, and believe that God can use the study of the mind and human behavior to heal wounds from our past and conflicts in the present. It is for this reason that we work with pastors and Christian organizations to minister to the Body of Christ.
- CCM is a para-church organization that differs from a private practice in that we are a not-for-profit, charitable, tax-exempt organization. We do have an established fee but are aware of the inability of many people to afford that fee. Therefore, we provide a sliding fee scale which takes into consideration family income and number of dependents. Our ministry is committed to reaching as many persons as possible by offering services at an affordable cost, from quality Christian professionals. Some churches assist their members to help defray the cost of counseling.
- The center has been in operation since 1983, and was founded by Dr. Timothy P. Chambers who continues to serve as the Executive Director. Our agency is a state-licensed and recognized mental health center. On staff, we have male and female mental health counselors, social workers, art therapists, and marriage & family therapists, who provide the counseling services. All therapists are licensed to practice in New York State.
- The services we provide are always growing as we become aware of the many needs in the body of Christ and the burden these needs place upon the local churches. We provide services in the following treatment areas: individual therapy, marriage and family therapy, premarital counseling, counseling with children and adolescents, psychological testing, and group therapy.
- One of the ways we have attempted to meet the needs of the community is to open branch offices at convenient locations throughout the area. We currently have offices in Orchard Park, Jamestown, Arcade, Fillmore and Clarence, NY. As needs arise and staffing allows, we are able to partner with other churches and para-church organizations to provide on-site services to their members and local community.
- CCM is governed by a Board of Directors made up of Christian professionals in the Western New York area who offer their different backgrounds and area of expertise to help make decisions for the center. The directors are accountable to the Board. Together, they work as a team to serve the mission of CCM or WNY.
- You may want to consider CCM as you make your personal or company tax-deductible donations. We are eligible to receive cash or non-cash items such as stocks, furniture, office supplies, books, or even automobiles. We are also eligible to receive donations through the United Way Donor Choice Program. Special designated donor forms are available through your employer or by calling the United Way.
- Please pray for our ministry as we attempt to meet the needs of the churches and individuals in the Western New York area. We are interested in developing new programs to better serve our community. Our desire is to address the mental, emotional, and social needs of our surrounding communities from a Christian perspective and be a light in the darkness.
- If you have any suggestions or questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office or directors.