Christian Counseling Ministries of WNY, Inc. exists to provide professional counseling that integrates Biblical principles to guide your journey in healing wounds from the past, resolving conflicts in the present, and achieving fullness of life.
CCM is a non-denominational not-for-profit ministry which accompanies the work of
established local churches. Our licensed counseling framework is in the fields of social work, mental health, and marriage and family services. CCM strives to equip individuals: adult and youth, couples, families, and workplaces to manage societal and family stressors. In addition, we support our community by offering one-time services to meet a situational need or ongoing, uniquely tailored programs.
The Christian framework is foundational as the ministry seeks to enable individuals to be renewed in mind, body, and spirit, setting the groundwork for each person to achieve mental, emotional, and spiritual wholeness.
Established in 1983 as Christian Counseling Services of Greater Buffalo, Inc., the organization emerged from a growing need in the Western New York area for faith-based counseling services from professionally trained counselors. Due to demand, the founder, Dr. Timothy Chambers, working closely with Houghton College in the early stages, realized the need to expand the ministry. In 1989, we became a tax-exempt organization. In 1997, Christian Counseling Services changed its name and became Christian Counseling Ministries of Western New York. We are incorporated in New York State as a 501(c)3 tax exempt corporation.
Throughout the growth of the ministry, originating on a college campus and expanding to locations throughout Western New York the core belief to provide licensed professional counseling that integrates Biblical principles through compassionate care to guide your healing journey has never changed and holding financial stewardship to the highest level of integrity.
STATE-LICENSED PROFESSIONAL THERAPISTS INTEGRATING BIBLICAL PRINCIPLES
CCM is committed to providing counseling by licensed professionals and integrating Biblical principles which guide the healing process so individuals can achieve prosperous, productive, and creative lives.
- The Bible is the inspired Holy Word of God, inerrant and infallible and the final authority in faith and life.
- God eternally exists in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ was begotten of the Holy Spirit, born of Mary, while still a virgin, and is true God and true man.
- We believe that man and woman was created in the image of God, and that the original sin thereby incurred not only physical death, but also spiritual death, which is separation from God; and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature, and in the case of those who reach moral responsibility, are sinners in word, thought, and deed.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice; and that all who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood on the cross.
- We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into Heaven, and in His present life there for us as High Priest and Advocate.
- We believe in the physical, personal, and imminent return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
- We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ, are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God, sealed by the Holy Spirit, and reserved unto the day of redemption.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved and the conscious everlasting punishment for the lost.
- We believe that all that are saved are called into a life of separation from the world by the renewing of one’s mind and are under obligation to the world by word, thought and deed to proclaim the truth and salvation message of the Gospel.