Christian Counseling Ministries of WNY is a non-profit, 501(3)c ministry dedicated to integrating Christian beliefs and values with traditional therapeutic techniques. As a state licensed, mental health agency, CCM is committed to providing professional counseling services within a Biblical framework to the individual, marital couple, family, church body, and community. Our vision is to achieve mental and spiritual wholeness for our community.
COUNSELOR POSITIONS AVAILABLE
(Full and Part Time)
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Having acquired a NYS License or Permit to practice in a mental health counseling environment, staff counselors are responsible for providing assessment, treatment planning, and clinical counseling to clients of CCM, in accordance with their abilities and experience level and within the limits of the NYS regulations of their profession. This counseling shall be based on both professional training and education, as well as Biblical principles.Specific duties include:
- Conducting comprehensive assessments, including both objective and subjective measures, and the use of DSM V and related diagnostic testing.
- Developing a comprehensive treatment plan unique to the needs of each client, and directly tied to the assessment and treatment goals.
- Counseling adults, couples, families, and/or children using established theories and professional treatments for a variety of mental health and relational issues
- Integrating spirituality and Biblical teaching in counseling according to the client’s desires
- Receiving ongoing, regular supervision of your work by the Clinical Director.
- Attending all mandatory staff meetings, trainings, and scheduled agency functions
- Compliance with HIPAA regulations and CCM policies and procedures
- Maintaining client records and required agency documentation in a timely and efficient manner, consistent with CCM policies and procedures.
- Implementing crisis intervention when necessary
- Minimum Master’s degree in Mental Health Counseling, Clinical Social Work, Creative Arts Therapy, Marriage and Family Therapy, Clinical Psychology, Psychiatry, or Nurse Practition from an accredited institution.
- NYS Licensure or Limited Permit to practice counseling in one of the above listed professions.
- Excellent and effective written and verbal communication skills with clients and staff.
- Proficiency or ability to learn electronic record keeping and word processing skills.
- Professing believer of Christian faith, exhibiting spiritual maturity and active participation in a local church body.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to exercise sensitivity, empathy, and discernment.
Please submit cover letter and resume to:
Dr. Sharon A. Deacon, Ph.D.
9070 Main Street
Clarence, NY 14031